Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The orchestration team owns and operates AWS Simple Workflow Service (SWF) and AWS Step Functions, which provide AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure to build complex distributed systems that solve really hard problems. Building applications from individual components that each perform a discrete function lets you scale and change applications quickly. These are core architectural components of critical systems for Amazon as well as many customers running on AWS.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the Orchestration Platform Team. The Platform Team is a group of Software Engineers that works closely with the Service Teams to identify areas of inefficiency and challenge, then to provide tools and automation to solve those problem. We embody a proactive and long term approach to managing the overhead of delivering services at massive scale with availability that is indistinguishable from perfect.
You'll be challenged with some deeply technical systems problems and be expected to develop new and groundbreaking ways to solve those problems. You'll collaborate with engineers throughout the company who are building the next big thing in cloud computing. You will also have a place to grow your skills and excel in your career.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
• 1+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in Java or other OOP languages such as C#, Python, Ruby or C++
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience with professional software engineering practices
• Experience with operation of production systems
Software and Programming