Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The orchestration team provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure that makes it easy to coordinate the components of distributed applications and micro-services using workflows. If you share our passion for the challenges of big scale, and building cutting edge services, then we may just have a role for you.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by the challenge of building world-class, global-scale software systems. You have a passion for learning. You are inspired by difficult problems and by quickly finding solutions that will stand the test of time. You relish the opportunity to take active ownership for building and operating a service that delights customers.
We are looking for a software engineer to drive feature development for a new AWS service. You will help refine roadmaps and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, design, and superior code. You will also drive operational excellence of a new large scale distributed system.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about serving customers, and excited to come to work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Java and Python or other OOP languages such as C#, Ruby, or C++
• Experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying distributed systems using AWS Services.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Software and Programming