Today, people spend too much of their day on tedious tasks at work, like managing their calendars, dialing in to meetings, or searching for information. But Amazon Alexa can help solve this problem by acting as an intelligent assistant for work. Alexa lets people use their voice to interact with technology so they can spontaneously ask questions in a way that feels natural. Alexa can help people take care of these tasks just by asking. Alexa can help people stay organized and focused on the things that matter, whether they are working in their office or at home. Alexa can simplify conference rooms, allowing meeting attendees to start meetings and control the equipment in the room by simply using their voice. Alexa can also do things around the workplace, like providing directions to a conference room, notifying IT about a broken printer, or placing an order for office supplies.
Our team is working on new services to bring the power of Alexa for work. We are building new capabilities into Alexa that help professionals be more productive at work. In addition to teaching Alexa new things, we provide tools that administrators need to manage Alexa at scale across a large organization. These new capabilities are unlocking a whole new set of use cases for Alexa, from the Office to Hotel Rooms, Restaurants and even sports stadiums. Come join us and help us use the power of voice computing to solve completely new challenges!
As a highly skilled software development engineer on our team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and operating key pieces of customer facing functionality. Our team has a very collaborative and high energy environment.
As a developer on our team, you'll own code end-to-end from design, to development, to deployment, to monitoring and operations. You'll have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and practical experience. You'll work closely with senior technical leaders to build large-scale distributed systems as well as software than runs on end-user devices.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in a technical role in the industry
• Experience in Object Oriented Programming, Algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building and operating a large scale distributed system
• Proven success in solving complex technical challenges and building reliable customer facing systems.
• Skills in at least one modern OO programming language such as C# or JavaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Java development experience
• Familiarity with AWS services like EC2, S3, Dynamo DB, Lambda and API Gateway can be a plus
• Strong communication and team skills
Software and Programming