Are you passionate about continuous integration and deployment at a scale that only a handful of companies on Earth can offer? Are you recognized by your peers as THE build or CI expert on your team? If either is true, then Amazon wants YOU.
About our team - Mobile Release Engineering (MRE)
The Amazon Mobile Shopping app is ranked in the top 10 for overall engagement and penetration worldwide in marketplaces including US, CA, UK, India and Japan. The volume of app users (iOS and android) is in the hundreds of millions and the revenue it generates is in billions. The Mobile Release Engineering team owns the daunting responsibility of continuously integrating changes from dozens of mobile teams across Amazon. We relentlessly push to improve developer velocity while insisting on quality standards that earn trust with shoppers worldwide. We do all this while releasing to worldwide app stores 42 times per year.
Not all heroes wear capes. As an MRE Software Engineer you will:
• Design solutions and iterate on early prototypes that help create a joyful and productive developer experience
• Influence the strategic direction of Amazon's entire mobile development community through your research and expertise
• Advocate for state-of-the-art principles and theories related to idiomatic mobile development, mobile industry trends, and DevOps/CI innovation
• Evangelize best practices for continuous integration, software development lifecycles, and high-quality deployments
• Participate in design and architecture reviews on solutions that impact millions of shoppers and our large community of Amazon mobile developers
• Be an owner, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more start-up than big company.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of industry experience
• Experience building complex mobile applications on Android or iOS
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Expertise of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, continuous integration, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming