Mobile Shopping Foundations is building a new Privacy and Security team in Vancouver to protect the hard-earned trust of customers using the Amazon Shopping app on iOS and Android.
Come join Earth's most customer-centric company! Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer with a passion for security to ensure our mobile applications are designed and built to the highest standards.
About our team:
The Amazon Mobile Shopping app is ranked in the top 10 for overall engagement and penetration worldwide in marketplaces including US, CA, UK, India and Japan. The volume of app users (iOS and android) is in the hundreds of millions and the revenue it generates is in billions. Our team owns the daunting responsibility of guiding dozens of mobile teams across Amazon to comply with local privacy regulations throughout the world. We relentlessly push to improve developer velocity while insisting on security standards that earn trust with shoppers worldwide. We do all this while releasing to worldwide app stores 42 times per year.
You are an engineer looking to build and expand on your passion for mobile devices. You want to challenge yourself to solve complex problems at scale that have rarely been encountered anywhere else. You want to exercise and expand your creative thinking skills and code writing chops to become an even deeper expert in the mobile space. You are passionate about mobile and want to work with an equally passionate and driven team to invent new technologies to disrupt the world of application development on mobile devices. You want to learn from others and help challenge yourself and others to grow. You want to talk directly to your customers and partners to shape the vision for code quality, design and architecture for the mobile app development stack.
As a software engineer you will:
• Design solutions and iterate on early prototypes that help create a secure and productive developer experience
• Influence the strategic direction of Amazon's entire mobile development community through your research and expertise
• Advocate for state-of-the-art principles and theories related to mobile development, mobile industry trends, and security/privacy guardrails
• Participate in design and architecture reviews on solutions that impact millions of shoppers and our large community of Amazon mobile developers
• Be an owner, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more start-up than big company.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of software development experience in Java, C++ and/or Objective C.
• Experience developing high quality, large-scale consumer mobile applications.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent. Experience in building mobile application vulnerability detection tools
• Experience collaborating with framework development teams to build security capabilities
• Knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols
• Experience developing static or dynamic code analysis tools
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming