Software Development Engineer in Test (Frontend)
Job ID GRQA217 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world's top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more - with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 425 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today - we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer who specializes in writing code to test the product. They are responsible for the overall test coverage, test code, and automation frameworks within their Agile team.
In this role you will be working directly with the code in a Selenium-based framework to automate testing of a front-end web application. You will support the team's release and testing efforts while growing and maintaining automated coverage and frameworks. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Write code to support development of automated frameworks and tests
- Contribute to decisions in the architecture and design of test frameworks
- Execute test cases using both automated and manual techniques
- Identify, report and verify software defects
- Maintain test infrastructure and tools
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 3 years of automation development experience
- Strong understanding of Java or C# languages
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience with testing practices in an agile environment
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Network protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Web technologies such as CSS3, HTML5 or Extend.JS (Sencha)
- Continuous integration systems such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- Multi-threaded programming
- Design patterns
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 20, 2017
Closes:January 19, 2018