Amazon DocumentDB was launched in January 2019, and its going to make a major impact on the NoSQL database world!
If you want to be part of engineering team that is shaping the future of NoSQL databases, then Amazon DocumentDB might be a great fit for you. As a member of DocumentDB team, you will work on every facet of computer science including distributed computing, large-scale design, big and real-time data processing, data storage, service oriented architecture, networking, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We are looking for highly-motivated and passionate engineers to build our next generation high performance document database engine and data storage platform to solve real-time query, transaction and analytics processing for large scale data applications. You will also get to work with exceptional team members and be directly involved in growing and mentoring junior engineers on the team.
Amazon DocumentDB (https://aws.amazon.com/documentdb/ ) is a fast, scalable, highly available, and fully managed document database service that supports MongoDB workloads. Our customers use MongoDB as a document database to store, retrieve, and manage semi-structured data. However, it is hard to build performant, highly available applications that can quickly scale to multiple terabytes and hundreds of thousands of reads- and writes-per-second because of the complexity that comes with setting up and managing MongoDB clusters at scale. Amazon DocumentDB is designed from the ground-up to give you the performance, scalability, and availability you need when operating mission-critical MongoDB workloads at scale. Amazon DocumentDB uses a distributed, fault-tolerant, self-healing storage system that auto-scales up to 64 TB per database cluster.
To apply for this role, we are looking for folks with solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills, expertise with systems programming, database internals, high-performance applications, distributed systems or service design is a plus. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. With your technical expertise you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
To learn more about Amazon DocumentDB visit: https://aws.amazon.com/documentdb/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, C and C++
• 7+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building scalable system software and/or Services
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
• Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, product strategy and influence outcomes in technical decision-making
• Experience working with in-memory caching and database technologies, including Memcached and Redis
• Solid understanding of performance and efficiency with a strong customer focus
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming