Software Development Engineer III
Reference ID: 398245
Software and Programming
Amazon's Financial Ledger and Accounting System team is looking for a smart, talented engineer with a strong technical background to build the next generation platform that is configuration driven, self-service capable, to serve the fast growing needs of various businesses at Amazon. These systems play a critical role in enabling the business to launch on time, by minimizing the SDE effort involved in handling the new business events and translate them into financial events that could then be persisted onto Financial Systems within Amazon.
As an engineer here, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platforms that processes these business events. You will interface with several teams including Retail Systems, Marketplace Systems, Digital Systems, Amazon Web Services, Financial Systems, Accounting and Operations. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter and fast learner with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Preferred Qualifications Masters/PhD degree
• Proven result oriented person with a delivery focus.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
• 8-10 years experience in Software development
• Development Expertise in data structures, complex algorithms, OOP, Java/C++, Linux, Perl/Ruby.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Posted: December 1, 2016
Closes:December 30, 2016