Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The orchestration team owns and operates AWS Step Functions, which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure that makes it easy to coordinate the components of distributed applications and microservices using visual workflows. Building applications from individual components that each perform a discrete function lets you scale and change applications quickly. It's a core architectural component of the critical systems for Amazon as well as many customers running on AWS.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is ready to take their career to the next level. How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by the challenge of building world-class, global-scale software systems. You have a passion for learning. You are inspired by difficult problems and by quickly finding solutions that will stand the test of time. You relish the opportunity to take active ownership for building and operating a service that customers adore. If this sounds like you, come and join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 1+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in Java or other OOP languages such as C#, Python, Ruby or C++
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience with professional software engineering practices
• Experience with operation of production systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive
Software and Programming