Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Salary Range: $109,990.40 to $139,700/yr, commensurate with experience.
Language requirement: English
Overview and Responsibilities:
Drive the architecture and design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using object-oriented design, distributed programming, Java and C/C++. Gather business and functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and end-users, and translate requirements into technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well between a range of complex systems. Serve as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance. Provide design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability. Manage resources on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or a related field
• 1 year of experience in the job offered or in a related field
• At least 1 year of experience providing technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle
• At least 1 year of experience designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems or services using Object Oriented Design, distributed programming
• At least 1 year of experience with one of the following: C, C#, C++, or Java.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All applicants must meet all qualifications listed above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units.
While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include: • Health Care • Savings Plans • Income Protection • Paid Time Off • Signing Bonuses • Employee Stock
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming