Software Development Engineer for The Recruiting Experience (REX)
Reference ID: 338040
Software and Programming
Come be part of a team that will directly shape and influence the future growth of Amazon. The Recruiting Experience (REX) team is responsible for delivering an industry leading candidate experience; developing, building, and innovating, global, scalable technology recruiting solutions that are both powerful and light-weight. This team and technologies are a critical component in Amazon's continued growth and launching of new products and services.
You will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. As a part of the REX team, you will deliver robust feature sets, intuitive designs, and user interfaces that make it easy for Amazonians to excel at recruiting the top talent in the world.
You have strong computer science credentials, are passionate about Internet technology, are customer-obsessed and have a track record of building quality services. You know how to build and you dive deep into back-end services. You intrinsically use technology to solve problems. You understand the untapped power of utilizing Internet technologies and social networking to find the best and the brightest candidates to build Amazon's goal to be the most customer-centric company in the world. You live and breathe data analysis and can succinctly and accurately report your findings. Most importantly, you have a passion for learning and continuous improvement.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or web technologies such as Ruby on Rails.
Preferred Qualifications • Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Posted: October 16, 2016
Closes:October 30, 2016