Come be part of a team that will directly shape and influence the future growth of Amazon. The Bedrock team is a part of an organization building Amazon recruiting systems, such as Amazon.jobs and the systems used by recruiters and interviewers. We create and operate core domain services building the foundations of this architecture, and accelerate the replacement of legacy recruiting systems. This includes candidates information, and recruiting documents.
Key job responsibilities
You will contribute to all aspects of the software development life-cycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. As a part of the Bedrock team, you will deliver robust feature sets, intuitive designs, back-end services and user interfaces that make it easy for an Amazonian to excel at recruiting the top talent in the world.
As a software development engineer on the team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, compliance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
A day in the life
As a software development engineer on the team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end.
About the team
Bedrock team is a part of Recruiting Technologies. Our charter is to modernize the recruiting person and recruiting documents domains. This means that Bedrock team is the owner of the candidate's data that is required to support all the recruiting activities from application to offer generation. Our team works with latest technologies with Native AWS such as API Gateway, Lamda, SQS messaging, Dynamo DB databases and other server-less concepts.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or PerlPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience creating highly-scalable services or applications.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming