*** Are you interested in working on a Brand New Time-series Database in AWS? This is your opportunity to be part of a greenfield project! ***
Our software developers build the next generation technologies that change how millions of AWS customers connect, and interact with the AWS services ecosystem. We use ideas from every facet of computer science including computing, large, big and real-time data processing, data storage, service architecture, networking, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We are looking for highly-motivated and passionate engineers to build our next generation high performance purpose-built data storage platform to solve real-time ingestion, storage, query, transaction and analytics processing for large data applications.
As an engineer in this team, you will own our next-generation purpose built platform that allows developers to build highly available, and high performance applications. This high performance, low-latency will be purpose built for applications which exhibit definitive data patterns and need massive write ingestion and highly performant and SQL supported Queries. In addition, we are building a new highly available management plane system using a micro-services architecture and a real-time failure detection and auto-remediation system that can detect node failures in our large cluster, initiate and remediate failed nodes within seconds.
The software services have unprecedented , performance and durability requirements. This includes software applications dealing with services, asynchronous messaging, event-based technologies, real-time failure detection system, horizontal and vertical scaling, management and monitoring plane workflows, auto-remediation, serverless and auto scaling, fault tolerance, backup and restore technologies, disaster recovery and prevention.
We are looking for folks with solid analytical, and problem diagnosis skills, expertise with systems programming, internals, high-performance applications, systems service is a plus. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. With your technical expertise you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will , develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employeeled affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 7+ years of hands on experience in software development including implementation, debugging, support, and building system software and services
• Deep understanding of systems and web services technology
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design to solve challenging problems
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 7+ years industry experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, product strategy and influence outcomes in technical decision-making
• Experience working with storage technologies.
• Solid understanding of performance and efficiency with a strong customer focus
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Software and Programming