Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly available, durable, secure infrastructure platform in the cloud, powering hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. The AWS Messaging team owns and operates Amazon SNS (Simple Notification Service), Amazon SQS (Simple Queue Service), and Amazon MQ. Our services provide AWS customers with the cloud messaging infrastructure needed for building highly scalable, asynchronous, and fault-tolerant distributed applications.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to help refine our roadmap and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, design, tests, and reusable code. The SDEs in the AWS Messaging org drive the operational excellence of massive-scale distributed systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with computer science fundamentals, such as object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive.
• Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
Software and Programming