Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, durable infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world! The AWS Serverless Messaging team owns and operates Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), and other core messaging services. We provide AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous fault-tolerant distributed cloud applications. Our services form the core architectural component of critical systems for Amazon as well as many leading global enterprises running on AWS. If you are passionate about the challenges of big scale, building cutting edge technologies, and making developing distributed applications easy and reliable, then the AWS Serverless Messaging team is for you.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to help refine our roadmap and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, design, and superior code, and to drive operation excellence of a massive scale (think multi-million TPS) distributed system.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in distributed fault-tolerant systems that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the implementation but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You love working in agile programming environments and running fast to deliver evolution for your AWS services.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Proficiency with one of the modern programming languages such as Java, C++, or C#
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
• Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
Software and Programming