The AWS Messaging org is looking for a software engineer to help build the future of the security service. The security service that uses data loss prevention techniques and machine learning to automatically discover, classify, and protect sensitive data in AWS for hyperscale traffic. The service recognizes sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII) or intellectual property in a payloads travelling among different applications i.e., AWS SNS and AWS SQS. The fully managed service continuously monitors data access activity of anomalies, and prevent delivery of the message to unauthorized subscribers. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security system, and provide assistance to our customers to prevent data loss & unauthorized deliver.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (SDE) to help refine our roadmap and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, tests, and reusable code. The SDEs in the AWS Messaging org drive the operational excellence of massive-scale. Does this sound like you?
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ years relevant work experience in software development.
• Ability to mentor other software engineers.
• Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design).
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java (preferred) C++, C# or Ruby n Rails.
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive.
• Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming