Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in storage & computing, developers can reliably store their on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface and web that can store and retrieve any amount of , from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of websites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
S3 Console team is an integral part of AWS S3 which allows customers to interact with different S3 features with ease of use. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team and help us , and next generation software and tools to take the service to the next level. You will focus on the challenges of writing software and designing user experiences to handle the vast array of use cases that customers use on S3 today. You work design, and You will dig into the details of new object API features one week, and will drive for new S3 storage analytic visualizations and storage management to next level. You will brainstorm new experiences that break ground in enabling new enterprise workloads on S3. You will own innovations in securing workloads that come into S3's front door. You will mentor a group of engineers from the ground up to build solutions that impact a wide swath of customers with a focus on standards in coding, testing, and delivery.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team and help us take the service and the tools to the next level. To apply for this role, possess solid analytical, and problem-solving skills. Expertise with high-performance systems, and service design The ability to translate -level technical requirements through all the levels of the software stack is essential. If this sounds like you, come join us and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our SLAs. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have On-Call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, you can focus on your day job :)
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. You can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science equivalent industry experience
• 3+ years of industry experience
• Proficiency using modern web technologies and techniques, including , AJAX, HTML5, CSS, Responsive , web services, etc
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as ,Scala, Kotlin
• Experience building components of service-oriented architecturesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, patterns and algorithms
• Experience building components of service-oriented architectures
• Experience driving and delivering a large scale web-based user interface using modern web-technologies
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to lead teams through ambiguous/undefined problems ability to think abstractly
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
• Experience innovating with technologies and frameworks
• Expert understanding of principles
Software and Programming