Come join the Marketplace Team in our mission to change the way enterprise software are bought and sold! Marketplace enables software sellers to reach all customers; and enables software buyers to easily discover, purchase and consume software. Our goals include enriching the platform to support more diverse selection, improving buyer and seller experience and implementing new ideas to add new dimensions to the product. Our vision is to make Marketplace one stop shop for buying and selling software just like Amazon.com is for retail.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to help the team take Marketplace to the next level. As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front end user experience, to a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web services and protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of systems architectures. Experience with asynchronous workflow systems is a plus.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science equivalent
• 5+ years of industry experience.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of industry experience.
• Experience building infrastructure software systems for commercial online services.
• Experience with services EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, SFN, etc
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Software and Programming