Software Development Engineer, AWS Marketplace Seller Team
Reference ID: 400734
Software and Programming
Come join the AWS Marketplace team in our mission to change the way enterprise software is sold for the cloud! AWS Marketplace is the enterprise software "app store" for AWS, and we're building a unique new channel for selling and buying software of all kinds.
The AWS Marketplace Seller Team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to own our technical vision, and help the team build innovative software solutions for our partners. As a member of our technical team, you'll be responsible for all aspects of the team's technical design, execution, and operations. However, your responsibilities don't end there! We're a small team with a brand new product for technical users, and your insight and influence over our strategy, business objectives, and roadmap will be critical to our success. Not only will you be working to deliver quality software for AWS Marketplace, you'll be working to leverage these experiences to further help AWS as a whole.
In this role, a commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating a reliable, scalable, and high performance service requires exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Lastly, you should have a track record of maintaining high standards for a team across all dimensions.
Basic Qualifications • BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Preferred Qualifications • MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 7+ years of industry experience.
• Programming in C, C++, C# and/or Java in Linux and/or Windows environment.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience with AWS services EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Posted: January 15, 2017
Closes:March 1, 2017