Are you ready to take your career to a whole new level? Join AWS Distributed Job Scheduler (DJS).
The DJS team is responsible for a scalable job scheduling service that allows Amazon teams to automate their critical jobs on a schedule, with high availability, dependency management, and precision. Our mission is to run these jobs on time and effortlessly for the entirety of Amazon!
We're looking for motivated software development engineers to achieve this mission. How do you know if you are a good fit for our team?
You look at really hard problems as an exciting challenge, not a daunting task. You think about all the ways something could go wrong when solving problems and write code that continuously raises the bar. You collaborate with your teammates closely and share the interesting perspective you bring to all the team's problems. When customers ask for the next big feature, you get jazzed because you know this means you will be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You will also love owning significant chunks of the project from top to bottom, delivering not only in the implementation, but in all phases from the inception of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production.
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for?!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-3 years of professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree in Computer Science
- Experience with AWS services
- Understanding of performance, memory, I/O, and threading in Java or C#
- Outstanding adherence to project deadlines and understands the balance between doing it right and getting the job done
- Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
Software and Programming