To apply for the role, you should possess strong analytical, design, and problem diagnosis skills. You like thinking "outside the box", are not afraid of ambiguity, get excited about difficult challenges, and are a motivated self-starter. You are a well-rounded team player and thrive in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential and delivering rock solid, customer-focused solutions is paramount.
Why would you want to work for the Amazon Kinesis team?
• Impact: streaming data processing is the next wave of `Big Data Analytics' and is one of the hottest areas of computer science. You will work on core technology that will be used by some of the most innovative companies in this space.
• Technology: AWS leverages cutting-edge computer science and world-class engineering and is built on top of Amazon's revolutionary cloud platform. You will have the opportunity to get involved with and contribute at one of the frontiers of computer science.
• Wear many hats: You will have deep ownership of many different aspects of the service, such as product direction, technical design and implementation, and operations.
• Learning: Work alongside some of Amazon's most senior engineers and learn how to build and maintain a massively scalable and reliable service.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically three days a month, and also includes solving problems reported by customers. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software- engineering experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , C++, or including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current .
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience in building at scale
- Experience building highly available and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience with , consistent hashing, locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Working knowledge of non-relational databases.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming