Software Development Engineer | Amazon Prime
Reference ID: 795876
GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
Over 100 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more.
Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items.
YOUR CHANCE TO BE PART OF PRIME!
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com's most impactful program and are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you.
The Prime team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of the Prime team, you will work closely with the business team to design and implement new features. You will use a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Perl, and Linux to name a few.
WHAT WE DO:
We create products and distributed systems that serve Prime member at scale (over 100 million members) across the world. We build and own set of distributed services, systems (cohesive services working together) and Prime members experiences. These systems, services, and experiences uses AWS technology, Machine learning, Data analysis and some exciting engineering that goes behind the scene. In some cases, we help other non-prime teams to use our software (w/ software as service).
YOU AT PRIME
In Prime, you will have the opportunity to work with several teams across Amazon, working through interesting business cases coupled with solving for technical challenges, all at massive scale with hundreds of thousands of transactions per second. You will get to work on cutting edge technologies both in established systems as well as in a relatively greenfield space and get to define the product architecture and vision, especially around how to build new and extensible product experiences at scale for Prime members worldwide. You will get to experiment with various models and integrations and make a data driven decision on what works best for our customers. You will also get to work on integrating machine learning in these scenarios and will lead the effort to get to a no-human-touch model for customer optimized messaging. You will enhance message-targeting efficiency through implementation of multivariate testing, semantic analysis, data mining, and machine learning. You will design flexible, responsive architectures that allow self-service simplicity for our partner teams.
Engineers interested in this position should have hands-on experience in building dependable, straightforward systems that stand up to crushing scale. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering customer-facing functionality at web scale on Linux, using either Java or Ruby stacks.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Ruby, Java
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Create and execute appropriate project tasks and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Review appropriate quality plans, test strategies and interact with QA for testing activities.
Posted: March 23, 2019
Closes: May 22, 2019