Software Development Engineer | Amazon Prime
Reference ID: 435649
Software and Programming
Amazon Prime, described as "the best bargain in the history of shopping," is the membership program that provides a premium experience on Amazon.com in the US and seven international locales. In the US, Prime includes: free two-day shipping benefits on over 15 million items, free unlimited streaming of over 30,000 movies and TV shows, and a Kindle book to borrow for free each month. Amazon now ships more items with Prime Free Two-Day Shipping than with Free Super Saver Shipping.
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com's most impactful program and are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you.
The Prime team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of the Prime team, you will work closely with the business team to design and implement new features. You will use a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Perl, and Linux to name a few.
As a member of the Prime Acquisition Technologies platform team, you will focus on components and services which directly impact customer facing pages or applications. You will participate to building the next generation of the platform. Your will have direct ownership over the design and architecture of new components aimed at improving the platform's flexibility, configurability and scalability.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Preferred Qualifications • Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Create and execute appropriate project tasks and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Review appropriate quality plans, test strategies and interact with QA for testing activities.
Posted: January 20, 2017
Closes:March 14, 2017