Software Development Engineer | Amazon International Technology
Reference ID: 442181
The Amazon Internation Technology team is looking for a highly motivated, creative and passionate Software Development Engineers in Test to come work on the next generations of Amazon mobile applications.
Amazon is continuing to expand globally into new marketplaces and new businesses. The International Technology organization plays a key role in this expansion. The team works with internal customers and external vendors and suppliers to define the global expansion roadmap, and then to execute the plan. Currently, we are working on aggressive localization initiatives that, at Amazon scale, would require super capable engineers to help us to complete.
In this role, you will be creating and designing a platform so that the whole Amazon community could use to quickly create new marketplaces with new languages. Your system should be able to thread through all the relevant Amazon systems and detect degradations in customer experience. Once this system is in place, we look for you to develop the next generation machine learning capability to understand our customers' language preferences.
You will work directly with Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms. You will be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. You will be a key member of a team building an innovative new product that will change customers' lives.
You are highly collaborative, with a proven track record for working closely with teams to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions. You think big, and earn trust through regular and precise communication. You have strong analytical skills and a relentless determination to do what is right for customers. You can work with minimal direction and are capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself.
Join our team and help us launch something new that will truly surprise and delight our customers.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
• 5+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
• Strong server side Java experience
• Strong Web development experience
• Experienced in mobile (iOS and Android)
• Experienced in integrating with large number of systems
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Proficient with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
Preferred Qualifications • Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Mobile development experience (Android or iOS)
• Software testing development experience on working on debugging and analytic features (crash and metric analysis)
Posted: September 20, 2017
Closes:November 12, 2017