The Amazon Transfer team is looking for an innovative, data-driven and customer-obsessed Software Development Engineer. Come join the world's largest cloud provider, solving problems and building solutions at a scale like no other.
Launched at re:Invent in 2018, AWS Transfer is a fully managed service that enables the transfer of files directly into and out of Amazon S3 and EFS using SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol), and FTPS (File Transfer Protocol Secure). AWS helps you seamlessly migrate your file transfer workflows to AWS Transfer-by integrating with existing authentication systems, and providing DNS routing with Amazon Route 53-so nothing changes for your customers and partners, or their applications. With your data in S3, you can use it with AWS services for processing, analytics, machine learning, and archiving. Getting started with AWS Transfer is easy; there is no infrastructure to buy and setup.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
Learn about our service here https://aws.amazon.com/aws-transfer-family/
Our customer references https://aws.amazon.com/aws-transfer-family/customers/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining shared libraries, frameworks and tools
- Experience applying a data-driven approach when building software
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming