Vivonet is looking for a software developer to work on our enterprise web application. We are looking for a well-rounded experienced web developer with a broad range of knowledge in web-based application development and systems architecture to help us with future plans to refactor and update our existing web products. We’re looking for someone who is driven, enthusiastic, and a highly motivated self-starter.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience with cross-platform, cross-browser development
- 2+ years of programming experience in Java
- Strong in your understanding of RESTful APIs, MVC and JSON
- Experience building high availability and scalable software for enterprise level products
- Knowledge of design patterns and understanding of Software Engineering Best Practices
- B.Sc. degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity with Spring Framework
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with SVN or Git
- Familiarity with Maven or Gradle
- Familiarity with Groovy and Grails
- Familiarity with XAML
- Understanding of Payment Applications Best Practices standards (PCI, PA-DSS)
- Working in an Oracle/Linux environment
- Analyze, design, develop, debug, and test API code with emphasis on security and performance.
- Participate in design/code reviews and in the creation /improvement of internal software development standards.
- Diagnose, solve and troubleshoot problems with complex enterprise applications.
- Provide development estimates, technical advice and assessments for functional and technical requirements.
- Push the limits of the technology and strive for excellence while improving engineering practices.
- Work with full-stack agile development teams.
- Help drive software best practices through collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Work with the QA Automation team to support test automation efforts.
- Collaborate with the Product Management group to deliver business values.
- Collaborate with the Architect group for software designs.
- Provide support for existing applications to customer service and implementation team.
Established in 2005, Vivonet is a leading provider of cloud-based technology solutions for the hospitality industry. Vivonet solutions provide hospitality businesses with additional insights and intelligence to help them unlock hidden business potential and improve organizational performance.
Based right in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Vivonet offers a fun and engaging work culture that empowers staff to develop and implement great ideas that solve problems for our customers. We also offer flexible hours, continuous learning and career growth opportunities, as well as gym access and healthy treats for when you need to recharge!
If you’re interested, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All offers of employment are subject to criminal record checks and credit checks due to payment card industry compliance standards.