DescriptionWho we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact - and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.Your role:
As a Team Lead at Global Relay, you will be overseeing small, highly focused teams of developers employing leading edge technologies. We build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real-world business communication and messaging problems. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of application development, and you as the Team Lead will be in one of the driving seats.Your job:
- Lead a team of developers who like to ship product and welcome challenging and complex engineering problems in an Agile environment
- Instantiate a culture of knowledge sharing
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team's code, architecture, and processes
- Work with product managers to ensure the teams are delivering an accurate product build and work with project managers to ensure the schedules and controls for the development teams are met
- Work with appropriate stakeholder to ensure production issues are resolved quickly
- Own your team's deliverables and product quality. Ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available, and world class products to our customers
- Help your team build relationships across functions with QA, Operations, Support and other teams to ensure Global Relay's continuing success
- Be a hands-on development team manager who will spend up to 50% of their time in design reviews, sprint planning and other Agile artifacts. Some active coding is a requirement for this role.
- Appreciate and advocate for information security and secure coding practices
- An M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 8 years of software development experience, shipping enterprise grade software, using multiple languages and frameworks
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on development team manager
- Demonstrated track record leading geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
- Strong communication and consensus building skills
- Experience with full stack SaaS development
- Experience with advanced web applications
- Experience with API development in service and resource-oriented architectures
- Experience with large complex databases and data quality and lifecycle issues
- Bonus: Experience with Security, Authentication, Authorization, or Cryptography
- Language: Java, Python, Spring Boot Framework
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Skaffold, OpenShift
- Databases: PostgreSQL, CockroachDB, Cassandra
- Other: ZooKeeper, Kafka, Ansible, Hardware Security Modules
Global Relay advertises the pay range for this role in accordance with the pay transparency laws of the province of British Columbia. In addition to the annual base salary (range listed below), compensation for this role also includes a corporate bonus, extended health benefits, and RRSP Matching, and (for applicable Sales roles) an enticing commission structure.
British Columbia - Base Salary Range:
$95,000 - $130,000 CADWhat you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visitwww.globalrelay.com