120566 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As a Senior Development Architect on the SAP Jam Collaboration team, your work will span across our web, mobile, and desktop clients—from the client to the application servers, and to the database.
Do you want the satisfaction of knowing that your work makes a positive impact on over 21 million users across many large corporate clients?
Join our elite team that is working on cutting-edge, zero-downtime deployment engineering techniques for enterprise cloud systems.
The successful applicant will:
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Be a hyper-performer who is among the best in the technology industry
- Be accustomed to succeeding where others have failed
- Jump directly into the code and architecture and make solid, safe, and correct changes with no supervision
- Be passionate about continuously improving at writing solid code quickly and a refusal to believe that it cannot be done
- Be determined to make software work end-to-end, and to understand the root cause of each defect—"not my job" and other excuses are not part of your vocabulary
- Have experience running zero-downtime, high-traffic cloud systems
- Have experience releasing software in a continuous or frequent deployment model
- Have broad and deep experience in scalable web application architectures, including client-side AJAX, HTTP requests, multithreaded servers, in-memory caching, Akamai edge caching, DNSes, databases, and end-to-end performance and scalability tuning
- Habitually keep up with the latest technology trends, and tell us which ones will truly yield 10x improvements to our business
- Possess leadership skills similar to a Director of Engineering—balancing the needs of the business, people, and technical excellence
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Drive, design, and develop major new features and architecture improvements by working with Product Management, User Experience, and Software Testing to elaborate on features and estimate task time
- Quickly write high-quality code for complex features
- Work in a scrum development model, with a daily team scrum meeting, an automated test suite that you run before every code check-in, and a weekly production release deployment
- Be responsible for the overall architecture of multiple significant product areas
- Drive a virtual team’s delivery of a feature
- Interface with teams across SAP and actively influence creation of technical solutions across teams
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with C/C++ and one of the following: Java, Objective-C, or .NET on Linux, Windows, iOS, Mac OS X or Unix
- Expert on SQL database tuning and replication
- Experience with source control systems such as git, Subversion, Perforce, Mercurial, etc.
- Knowledge of in-memory caches and databases such as memcache, Redis, SAP HANA, etc.
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP (IPv4 or IPv6) networking and security: packet/LAN sniffers, XSS, CSRF, encryption, HTTPS, SMTP/POP, DNS, etc.
- Advanced debugging skills and tools: ability to solve deadlocks, process/thread/cross-machine race conditions, memory leaks, and memory corruptions
- Expert on security vulnerabilities, exploits, and encryption
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- 10+ years of experience in developing web applications, enterprise applications, or complex software
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No SelectionJob Segment:
Developer, SAP, ERP, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering
Posted: November 26, 2016
Closes:December 6, 2016