Software Developer – SAP Business Objects CloudWork Area
: Software Expected Travel
: 0-10% Career Status
: Professional Employment Type
: Permanent Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform, in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Date, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with a strong engineers to learn from and where all member of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Helps us shape the future.EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will:
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from Product Management and User Experience teams.
- Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- Assess new technology projects and tools, or mitigate our environment to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
- English Fluency required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Compute Science or Engineering
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Understanding of databases and web application servers
- Must demonstrate strong understanding of SAP technologies including SAP HANA, SAP BW, SAP Hana Cloud Platform, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud and SAP Analytics products
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Test Driven Development, performance testing or data correctness/integrity testing
- Building software that has to scale to thousands of users concurrently
- Database integration with SQL and object relational mapping tools
- Web services (REST, OData)
- Source control systems such as GIT, Subversion, Perforce, etc.
- At least 6 months of experience developing web applications which can be in coop terms or academic projects, preferably in a team environment for a large software company.
•This position is located at: 910 Mainland Street, Vancouver, BC Canada V6B 1A9
•This is a full-time, permanent position
•Travel required: 0-10%
•Salary is CAD $80,000 – 120,000
•SAP offers a comprehensive medical, dental benefits package, as well as retirement plan benefits
•Business address is: 4120 Yonge Street, Suite 600, Toronto, ON Canada M2P 2B8 Job Segment:
Developer, Cloud, SAP, Engineer, Drafting, Technology, Engineering