Overview: We provide small and medium-sized organizations, and mid-market companies with a range of easy-to-use, secure and efficient business management software and services - from accounting, HR and payroll, to payments, enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management. Our customers receive continuous advice and support through our global network of local experts to help them solve their business problems, giving them the confidence to achieve their business ambitions. Formed in 1981, Sage was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1989 and entered the FTSE 100 in 1999. Sage has millions of customers and circa 13,000 employees in 23 countries covering the UK & Ireland, mainland Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia, Asia and Brazil.
The Software Engineer analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies moderate to highly complex software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. The Software Engineer is independently able to solve previously unsolved classes of problems and debug difficult issues using a broad knowledge of technologies. A degree of creativity and independent judgment are required to accomplish project goals. A good understanding of the Agile process and excellent communication skills are a must.
- Code, analyze, and design software
- Debug and fix software defects
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in project teams to create working software
- Refactor code on project assignments
- Prepare code and documentation
- Contribute ideas to project planning
- Protect company proprietary and confidential information
- 2+ years of Software Engineer experience
- Functional skills in programming language
- Knowledge of basic, every-day tools such as code editors, source code control, and defect tracking
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Understand object oriented programming and has familiarity with design patterns
- Analytical and basic problem-solving abilities
- Ability to break down tasks and estimate work assignments
- Ability to clearly communicate technical approach, status, and necessity for assistance
- Ability to interact independently as well as with a team
- Adaptable to change
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Specific knowledge areas Technologies:
- CSS as well as Razor views development experience appreciated.
- Methodologies: MVC, SDL and TDD