Engineering Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Sophos Home team is searching for an energetic and talented software developer to join our team. This position is open to developers new to the Mac platform, although a successful software development track record is essential. Experience developing Cloud and iOS applications is an asset.
As a member of the team you’ll be involved in all aspects of our agile development process in an open, collaborative environment. We are passionate about making very secure, high quality software for the latest Mac platforms, and looking for people with a similar point of view.
You’ll be contributing to a premiere security product used by hundreds of thousands of users, at the cutting edge of threat detection and proactive prevention against malicious threats targeting the Mac platform these days.
This position is based at our Canadian office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Try the free Home Edition of our product yourself:
Software development activities include design, coding, debugging and unit testing for various components and agents on the Mac and cloud platform. You will be working with Product Managers and Development Managers to design and refine the product feature set. You will also provide recommendations and suggestions to QA engineers regarding integration and performance testing. Depending on experience and skill, there may be opportunities for advanced development tasks.
You will be working as part of a team of software development professionals, using the latest tools, technologies, and industry best practices. The team has a healthy ‘continuous improvement’ mentality, so there will also be opportunities to try out new technologies and processes.
Experience And Skills Essential Experience and Skills
Desirable Experience and Skills (nice to have one or more of these)
- 2+ years experience developing commercial software using C, C++, Java, or similar
- Experience in building complex software in a team environment
- Devotion to producing high quality, high performance systems
- Able to prioritize, focus and drive tasks to completion
- Sense of humor and a willingness to have fun
- Experience with Mac or iOS development using Cocoa/Objective-C
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with TCP network software development
- Experience using Perl, Python or Ruby
- Experience with AWS, Elastic Search
- Experience with Java
- Experience with CI/CD
- Bachelors degree in Computer Software (or equivalent)
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.