Engineering Vancouver, BC, Canada
As a Software Developer in Test, you will be working to improve & expand the test automation infrastructure and related tools that’s used by development teams around the world. You will be working on a development team building modern Cloud and Mac software, and be involved in all aspects of the software development process. You will work closely with Software Developers and QA Analysts to ensure the team delivers a quality product to our customers.
This role provides a great opportunity to immerse yourself in a fully Agile development team that delivers a quality product to real customers around the world. The team has a healthy ‘continuous improvement’ mentality, so there will also be opportunities to try out new technologies and processes.
You’ll be contributing to a premiere cloud product used by hundreds of thousands of users around the world. Try our free Home Edition yourself:
This position is based at our Canadian office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Work with the team to understand testing requirements for particular features on the product
- Develop reliable test automation code which exercises the product to ensure its performing as expected
- Maintain & improve the automation infrastructure to ensure tests can be run reliably in a timely manner
- Participate in project planning activities with the entire team
- Depending on experience and skill, there may be opportunities for other advanced development tasks
Experience And Skills
- Experience with the following technologies (recommended);
- Python, Ruby or Perl on Mac OS X or Linux
- Command line tools on Mac OS X or Linux
- Experience with the following technologies (desired);
- Excellent software design, coding, and troubleshooting skills
- Able to prioritize, focus and drive tasks to completion
- Devotion to producing high quality, high performance systems
- Sense of humor and a willingness to have fun
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience using Extreme Programming and Test Driven Development practices
- Experience with virtualization software: VMware Fusion, Parallels, Virtual Box
- Experience setting up and managing a LAMP stack or equivalent
- Experience using Objective-C or C/C++
- Experience in the development of web or virus protection software
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Software or the equivalent
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.