Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
You’re keen to be a part of a team designing, building, testing, and deploying code in a Production environment. You're on your way to becoming a full-stack developer, meaning: you understand front end development and debugging, have experience on the back end, and may have tinkered with databases and servers. You’ve heard of agile software development and may have participated in a Scrum team at work or in school.
You have a BSc, BCS, BASc or comparable degree in a relevant program or have equivalent work experience. You have the drive to continuously grow your knowledge and experience, and welcome the opportunity to contribute your learnings to the team #payitforward.
Our team is all about communication, collaboration and having fun while working effectively. Egos are checked at the door and we’re committed to helping each other achieve our common goals. Regardless of title, everyone on our team is empowered to #buildabetterway. Requirements:
You’re Great At...
- BSc, BCS or comparable degree in a relevant program (including but not limited to: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, IT, Information Systems) or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of work experience (including co-op terms and internships)
- Comfortable with communicating with others and sharing your opinions
- Have committed code to a repository using Git / SVN or another similar technology
- Are familiar with code debugging using browser console and tools
- Providing estimates for upcoming work and being able to provide justification and breakdown of work tasks
- Operating in a startup environment (ie. working autonomously, comfortable with some ambiguity)
- Constantly iterating and seeing the bigger picture, in order to deliver value to our customers
- Troubleshooting issues and finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Collaborating within a diverse team to deliver compelling, user-facing products and services
- Paying attention to the details and shipping awesome, bug-free software each and every day
- Writing tests to support your code and jumping in to QA the work of your peers
- Managing your time and keeping others in the loop with your progress
- Active in local and online developer communities
- Have personal projects you’re passionate about and/or have shipped
- Love social media
- Love dogs
- Love tacos