Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
The number of businesses using Social Media has exploded! They’re becoming more sophisticated, more demanding and need solutions that keep pace. With more than 10 million of the worlds most active and influential users of Social Media onboard, including 79 of the Fortune 100, HootSuite is the Social Media Management solution businesses around the world turn to for help. Operating in this competitive market requires constant innovation and forward thinking product development. To outpace the market, Hootsuite has established Hootsuite Labs, an organization within the company charged with fostering innovation and developing new products. The group is made up of seasoned industry veterans and highly talented developers and designers. The Lab is currently growing and is looking for an intermediate full stack software engineer.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
Reporting to the Software Development Lead, you will be responsible for working with the development team in the design and development of new products. You are a full-stack engineer in that you can work with databases, servers, you understand front end development and have some familiarity with each layer. As project requirements will vary from project to project, you are able to work within a mobile stack, web stack, or native applications. You understand sound product development process, how to manage a project, liaise with other departments, and can work with our DevOps team to measure the success of your projects with clear, objective metrics. You’re Great at..
- Collaborating with a designer, product manager, and your engineering team to deliver compelling user-facing products and services
- Operating in a startup environment (ie. working autonomously, needing little direction, comfortable with some ambiguity, etc.)
- Building large web applications using Python, Node.js, Ruby, Scala or Java
- Designing and building REST APIs
- Using NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or SQL databases such as PostgreSQL
- Designing algorithms, data structures and applying design patterns
- Shipping awesome software every single day
- You've built mobile apps on iOS or Android using technologies like Ionic, React, Swift, Objective C or Java
- Have startup or product experience
- Created open source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- You are active in local and online developer communities
- You have interest in designing UI interactions with HTML and CSS
- A love for social media