263883 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives. Role Location:
Preference for candidates based in Vancouver, Canada (near the SAP Office located in Vancouver) but open to candidates located elsewhere if willing to relocate to Vancouver once SAP offices reopen and it's safe to do so with COVID. Role Summary
The Global Technology Legal Compliance (GTLC) team is looking for a Software Developer, DevOps to join the team to evolve our CI/CD and cloud infrastructure for SAP Corporate Intellectual Property (IP) Compliance governance development and operation. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative and pragmatic self-starter who excels at critical thinking, learning, coaching, and executing in a fast-paced environment. You thrive on positive interactions with team members and believe that growing as a team is the sustainable model. You will be working with other talented developers and DevOps engineers to solve complex business problems and build the next generation IP compliance automation landscape for SAP. About the Team
The Global Technology Legal Compliance team (GTLC) ensures SAP technology and products comply with license and obligation requirements from intellectual property laws and regulations perspectives. The team implements and manages a set of automation solutions to support process automations to service the development community and stakeholders in SAP. Role Responsibilities
- Write software - tools, libraries, automation, services
- Design and build our infrastructure platform
- Identify and implement new platform features
- Research and evaluate new technologies
- Refactor, rewrite or retire existing platform features
- Operate our developer experience and production application environments
- Diagnose and repair our distributed systems
- Perform maintenance, upgrades and migrations
- Control or eliminate repetitive tasks, alert noise, and business-as-usual work
- Enable development teams
- Provide executable interfaces to our infrastructure platform
- Provide tools and best practices to support the entire software development lifecycle
- Communicate by writing documentation, participating in meetings, and showing off your work at demos
40% of the role will be focused on Development
60% of the role will be focused on Operations Role Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience in Java, Groovy or C++.
- 3+ years professional work experience in DevOps with a strong focus on Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- Excellent knowledge in build tools, i.e. maven, gradle, npm, etc.
- Good understanding of software development best practices including object-oriented programming and scripting.
- Good knowledge and experience in microservices monitoring, network and db failure troubleshooting.
- Quick learner and self-starter and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
SUCCESS AT SAP
- DB administration, i.e. SAP HANA, Redis, Neo4j, CouchDB, Postgres, etc.
- Microservice monitoring tools, i.e. Dynatrace, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That's because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
SAP employees at the Vancouver, Canada office enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Discount programs
• SAP Lunch On Us program
• Free daily fruit
• Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
• Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
#cloudjobsyv SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: email@example.com
, APJ: firstname.lastname@example.org
, EMEA: email@example.com
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations:Virtual - CanadaJob Segment:
Developer, ERP, Computer Science, SAP, Technology, Research
Apply now »
Software and Programming