As an Intermediate/Senior Software Developer, you will be expected to contribute to all aspects of software development, including writing design documentation, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and debugging. This will also extend to troubleshooting and support our customers.
You will be joining a team that builds a variety of software, from low-level communications protocols in C++, windows services in C#/C++, on the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux platforms. To be successful, you must be adaptable, flexible and a quick learner with a “can do” attitude.
What You’ll Need:
• 5+ years of career software development experience.
• C++ experience is essential, especially native Windows development.
• Software development experience on the OS X and/or Linux platforms is desired.
• Experience implementing network communications applications that leverage standard web technologies, e.g. HTTP, SSL, DNS, RESTful web technologies, is an asset.
• Experience with object-oriented design, UML, and design patterns.
• B.Sc. in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent, with strong academic performance.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills needed to explain technical issues and designs.
• Self-motivated, independent, detail orientated, and responsible team-player. Not afraid to ask questions or contribute ideas.
Why Work For Us:
We are one of the biggest software companies headquartered in downtown Vancouver. We are an award-winning employer of choice recognized as one of the Top Small and Medium Sized Employers in Canada and one of the British Columbia’s Top Employers. Our office is located in the financial district where we have great views and are close to public transit, shops and restaurants. We encourage career growth from within and promote people internally. Absolute is an exciting and fun place to work with great social events & holiday parties and company sponsored sports teams such as soccer, hockey, cycling and softball. Our kitchen is fully stocked with free pop & gourmet coffee, fresh fruit delivered every Monday and free pizza every month. Employees can also take a timeout in our newly decorated and awesome chill room. To learn more about what it’s like to work at Absolute, please visit the careers section of our website at www.absolute.com.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Absolute provides persistent endpoint security and data risk management solutions for computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Our customers depend on us to provide them with a unique and tr...