When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
• Designing, writing code and completing moderately complex programming proficiently and with a high level of quality.
• Applying a structured approach to isolate and resolving complex application-level problems or straightforward system-level problems.
• Complying with established development guidelines and standards.
• Conducting detailed analysis of defined systems specifications and developing and documenting designs that meet applicable standards and identifying, analyzing and resolving moderately complex software inadequacies.
• Assisting in the analysis of more highly complex systems specifications and in developing and documenting designs that meet requirement standards.
• Creating complex reports generated through analysis and requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders.
• Manipulating data in complex manner in order to derive meaningful assumptions from large data sets.
• Participating in product design meetings.
• Providing detailed estimates for small tasks. Assisting in establishing project schedules for projects.
• Providing input for Technical Writing department to produce documentation for product.
• Troubleshooting, monitoring, and preparing simulation and evaluation plans to ensure that designs meet specification.
• Participating in code and design reviews.
• Maintaining current knowledge of Central 1’s family of products, application functionality and the high level architecture of Central 1’s hosting environment
• Performing other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central1 ’s business goals
A university degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent) and 3-4 years (minimum) relevant experience in software engineering and/or report development. Experience must include the analysis and development of one or more moderately complex applications using an object oriented methodology.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of methods, standards and best practices with respect to software development. Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs. Ability to work on multiple projects in a team environment.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Reporting to: Project Portfolio Manager
Connect with employer:
About Central 1 Credit Union
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting near...