Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for enthusiastic and eager Software Dev QA Engineers to join our FortiGuard team to work with
software developers during the development stage to identify bugs and defects.
You will be involved with testing products using both manual and auto testing techniques, and performing analyses.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the computer network security industry while working and learning from
a team of talented developers. Job Responsibilities
- Testing Fortinet products using a combination of manual and auto-testing techniques
- Prepare and maintain test environments involving various applications, network devices, and servers
- Perform unit tests and integrity tests of Fortinet vulnerability detection modules; Continuous revisions
of vulnerability information for the online FortiGuard encyclopedia and vulnerability scan reports.
Help developers set up testing networking environments and/or reproduce customer issues Identify,
document, and track software defects found during testing
Job Skills Required
- Develop and maintain tools for automated tests and reporting using shell script or other scripting languages
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed
Experience in any of the following is an asset:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, firewalls, switching, and packet sniffers
- Knowledge of Windows and various Unix/Linux platforms
- Familiar with system installations, configurations, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software and basic network issues
- Highly motivated, positive, and responsible and able to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent language skills in English - oral and written
- Prior experience in automation/manual testing Knowledge of scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Tcl, Python Knowledge of
general QA procedures and methodologies as well as software development fundamentals
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar
Posted: September 18, 2018
Closes: November 16, 2018