Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for a Software Dev QA Engineer to join our UI (User interface) Development team to focus on GUI testing. As a team member, you would be responsible for testing the FortiOS GUI for managing FortiGate firewall appliances. You will be working closely with the interface development team to verify new features, automate test cases and improve interface usability and performance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the latest in web application and networking technologies, such as Security Fabric, Next Generation Firewall, UTM security, cloud application control, VPN management, WiFi network topologies, and firewall monitoring. Job Responsibilities:
Job Skills Required:
- Execute feature and bug fix testing for FortiOS and Fortiexplorer (mobile application) on different platformsusing a combination of manual and automated testing techniques.
- Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing.
- Routine manual testing for the UI is bulk of the responsibility
- Automate front-end testing using automation tools such as Appium, Selenium. Improve testing and development processes using various manual and automation techniques.
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed.
- 2 or more years of software testing experience including browser testing
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot mobile/web applications
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
- Basic networking knowledge (IP, NAT, Firewall, Routing)
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
- Experience withautomation testing tools is an asset
- Experience in code review systems and bug tracking services is an asset
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated skills in scripting languages such as Python, bash or Perl are considered assets
- A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field