Amazon Payments processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars through our systems annually. We are re-inventing the vision of our platform to provide our internal clients such as Digital, Retail, AWS, B2B and others, the best payment gateway service, benchmarked against the top external alternatives. As a Software Development Engineer, you will solve some of the most challenging and interesting problems to effectively mitigate large-scale security threats. If you enjoy working within development teams to innovate, finding solutions to security and privacy problems at scale, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. Paramount to our success is ensuring that customer data is secure.
As a software development engineer, you will:
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed services that secure and serve customers' payment data, support cool new initiatives such as mobile payments, and provide first-class customer experience on Amazon's websites and mobile devices.
• Be involved in designing, implementing, and testing of major features in the next generation of Amazon's payments platform.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation as this must appear on all our external job postings.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or at least 5 years of relevant work experience
• 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
• Solid experience in C++ or Java (expert in at least one)
• Good technical experience developing large scale applications
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate must be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. Other preferred skillsets:
• Relevant experience in building large scale service based system from ground up
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
• Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovation solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment, clear communication, engagement and teamwork, and can drive quality
Software and Programming