Are you a Java / JEE enthusiast? Are you interested in specifying and designing next-generation systems using Agile software methodology and tools? Come and show us that you can be a strong contributor to MDA's Land Administration team!
The Land Administration team builds large solutions for the land administration domain, such as for the management and provision of land and property ownership information. Our customers are world wide, but include a strong presence in BC. The systems being developed have a client/server architecture and will be used by both back-office staff and directly by customers via a customer web portal.
One of the key aspects of the system is end-user usability; another is performance and productivity. These are high-availability production systems with large-scale client/server architectures.
Our development methodology is based on the 'Agile' approach. We're using the latest Java technologies (especially open source), using the following frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, Bootstrap, Angular, Eclipse RCP, XML, Spring-MVC, and both ReST and SOAP based Web Services.
We are looking for highly motivated and capable software architects; this is your opportunity to join a team where you can increase your knowledge and experience in a variety of areas. You will work in a structured process project-based environment using Agile development methodologies. Responsibilities:
As a software architect, you are responsible for crafting the right architecture to solve the problem at hand. You must also:
- Define, document and communicate the software architecture
- Make sure everyone is using it and using it correctly
- Make sure that it is defined in stages, in a timely manner, so that the solution can make progress before the architecture is complete
- Make sure the software and system architecture are in synch
- Give input as needed to issues like tools and environment selection
- Make sure the architecture is not only right for operations but also for deployment and sustainment
- Resolve technical problems
- Understand and plan for evolutionary paths
- Plan for new technology insertion
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our development processes
As professional members of staff, our software engineers are expected to work well in a team. Ideally candidates will have some combination of:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Development experience in a web environment using Java and creating production strength software that has been used by hundreds or thousands of users
- Experience with modern Java design patterns and the JEE framework
- Competent in core frameworks used or to be used
- Creativity to find simple solutions to complex issues
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Decision making and critical reasoning skills
- Balancing solutions between time, scope, cost and quality
- Working knowledge of TDD, BDD, Domain Driven Design
- Working knowledge of business process modelling
- Experience with database design, development and implementation (SQL Server, Oracle or DB2)
- Experience with integrating different software technologies into large software systems
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions within budget and schedule constraints
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with the desire and ability to work well within a dynamic agile team environment.
MDA is a well-established BC company with a long track record of steady growth and profit, and poised for further growth.
MDA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including a flex-time plan that can be paid-out, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization. Come and join us in Richmond where you will find our product development team and international company headquarters in a convenient location with free parking.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer