We are seeking an application developer to join the Cayenta development team to maintain and enhance Cayenta's industry-leading Customer Information System (CIS). The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of application development cycle, software requirements definition and design principles. This position involves implementation of the required system components using Uniface 9 4GL.DetailsResponsibilities will include:
- Analyze business requirements; identify product impact and possible implementation options, and recommend the solution that best suits the needs of the customers and Cayenta.
- Creation and maintenance of application code that meets design specifications, follows Cayenta standards, and is easy to maintain, including documentation.
- Code review for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the requirements.
- Unit, integration, regression and system testing as required
- Able to provide Level 3 support of our applications
- Creation of functional specifications and design documents for software enhancements.
- Maintain product documentation to reflect enhancements and other software changes.
- Ability to estimate work as requested.
- Great communication skills, that includes ability to communicate with internal and external people as changes occur in tasks assigned
- Customer-service oriented
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes.
- Fulfill administrative reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To meet this challenge, you must possess a high level of initiative and energy, and have a great consultant-minded work ethic. You will be working with a team at our Burnaby, BC office. Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree/diploma in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience using any 4GL development programming language, such as:
- Cognos PowerHouse 4GL
- Discovery Machine Modeler
- Forté TOOL (transactional object-oriented language)
- IBM Rational EGL (Enterprise Generation Language)
- Lycia Querix 4GL
- Omnis Studio SDK
- SheerPower4GL (Microsoft Windows Only)
- SQLWindows/Team Developer
- Up ! 5GL
- Uniface (programming language)
- Visual DataFlex (Microsoft Windows Only)
- Experience with RDBMS and Data Modeling
- Experience with Software Requirements Specifications, and strong interpretative skills to understand design requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- Practical multi-tier architecture experience
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS
- Experience with Uniface development tool
- Knowledge of CIS, operations, billing or financial system
- Scrum and Agile practices experience will be an asset
- SOA and design patterns will be an asset
Cayenta is involved in some of the most challenging and interesting projects in the technology industry and we're always looking for talented, highly motivated individuals who seek the same. One of the most important decisions we make is the next person we invite to join our team. As a Cayenta employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best, and you will be fairly compensated for your efforts. Because we provide our customers the best technologies and services in the industry, you will constantly develop new skills, learn new products, and be involved in activities that are highly valued in the marketplace. Most of all, any potential employee must be willing and able to represent our core operating principle, which simply stated is: "We value our customers as partners, therefore their success and satisfaction, as well as our own, depends on delivering excellence in everything we do."
#CB Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5611 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com
. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019