Position Title Social Work - Coordinator Posting Number 00446F Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Coordinator Posting Type Internal Regular/Temporary Limited Term Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 09/01/2022 End Date 08/31/2023 Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Faculty of Applied Community Studies is seeking a Coordinator in the Department of Social Work. This position takes effect September 1, 2022, for an initial one-year term with the possibility of extension(s) up to a maximum of three years.
This role has 6 (six) sections of time release available for the 2022-2023 academic year.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
As a Co-coordinator you will share the planning, organizing, and managing of the administrative and operational aspects of the degree program in the Social Work Department.Responsibilities
The full range of responsibilities include completing or engaging faculty to support the following:
1. Monitor the progress of students in the program and be involved in student issues (e.g., assist faculty with student concerns).
2. Organize and participate in the student selection/acceptance process including follow up with late applicants; assist with registration and provide academic advice when necessary.
3. Organize new student orientation in September.
4. Facilitate the practicum placement process; support the Program Advisor with preparation and confirmation of student placements in the program.
5. Provide a regular schedule of on campus or online meeting times for academic advice and inquiries for students.
6. Gather, review and sign the annual PD/Vacation forms from faculty members.
7. Convene meetings of faculty and ensure distribution of minutes; monitor task completion.
8. Engage faculty colleagues, encouraging them to participate in the running of the program and other related activities.
9. Respond to information inquiries about the program; attend and facilitate information sessions.
10. Along with the FACS Front Desk, organize the Program Advisory Committee & recruitment of committee members.
11. Attend meetings related to the Faculty including FEC and Coordinators.
12. Collaborate with Faculty Administration in attending to College, policies, procedures, and process.
13. Establish good working relationships with staff, faculty, students, administration ensuring good communication.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. A Master's degree in a related human service field.
2. Willingness to work in the spirit of transparency and disclosure.
3. Orientation towards detail in order to support the day-to-day operations of the program.
4. Ability to respond to shifting priorities as needed.
5. Responsiveness to student issues, concerns, and inquiries.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including being able to solve problems and resolve conflict including providing constructive feedback.
7. Must not have a conflict of commitment - refer to Conflict of Interest Policy (A02).
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 06/24/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter is submitted online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/9354
Education and Training