Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it's your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime! Job Benefits
- Ski/Mountain Perks!Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and familyAND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttlesAND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Service is the foundation of everything we stand for at Vail Resorts and our Snow Grooming team is no exception to creating this experience of a lifetime. Responsible for maintaining the picturesque appearance of our snow and ski slopes, Snow Grooming Team Leaders are detail-oriented leaders with a focus on safety ensuring the best and safest possible snow surface for thrill seekers. Job Specifications
Starting Wage:$23.75 / hour
Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time Seasonal
Skill Level: Advanced Job Responsibilities
- Lead daily operations including but not limited to scheduling, organizing, and assigning responsibilities, training, incident investigations, performance management and hiring activities
- Maintain accurate record keeping for daily risk assessment, operational logs, driver certifications, equipment maintenance, and training records
- Supervise the monitoring and maintenance of trails, slopes, and other park areas ensuring functionality of all animation, fencing, rope-lines, and terrain park signage
- Operate snow/slope grooming equipment, such as a snowcat, to maintain the appearance and quality of resort snow trails and ski slopes to the highest level possible
- Monitor and document Grooming team performance and behavior to provide meaningful feedback and direction, providing recognition or correction action if necessary
- Enforce adherence all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies
- Participate in leadership forums providing feedback and input on grooming operations, training, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate with other management, departments, and third-party organizations throughout the course of work
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 4+ years of snow grooming or mountain operations experience required
- Valid driver's license
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English
- Able to climb on and off the vehicles frequently
- Able to sit for extended periods of time while operating the snowcat
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, and weekends
- Knowledge in 2-way radio use and various codes
- Ski and/or Snowboard - preferred
The budgeted range starts at$23.75. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 457810