Write code and develop applications to enhance system capabilities, performance, and user experience
About the company
LED Roadway Lighting (LRL) is a developer of connected smart city technology applications that create safe, efficient, livable cities which the company markets under the Liveable Cities brand. LRL's smart city IoT products leverage the street light location to deploy advanced edge video analytics for traffic counting, doppler radars for speed detection and pollution sensors, revealing actionable insights for communities around the world as they work towards creating the smart cities of the future.
For further information, please visit our website www.liveablecities.com About the position
LED Roadway Lighting Limited is seeking the best and brightest to join our growing team. We are currently seeking a Smart Cities Software Application Developer, with preference for a candidate who has industry experience with a diverse technology background to continue to advance our in-house designed software solutions.
The ideal candidate would live in close proximity to the Victoria, British Columbia region to be able to attend in-person meetings at our research lab when required. Responsibilities:
• Writing code and developing applications to enhance system capabilities, performance, and user experience
• Participate in architectural discussions and requirements gathering with fellow members of the research and development department
• Monitor systems and perform testing of latest build releases during product integration to resolve various platform and application development issues that arise
• Document implementation steps to ensure that changes to software systems do not have a negative effect on users or stakeholders Qualifications:
• C++ is a required programming language skill set, as the majority of coding will be in C++
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Demonstrated knowledge of hands-on experience with IoT device development
• Programming with Microsoft .NET, C#, C, and object-oriented programming languages (C++)
• Experience with Web Services
• Experience with Linux (vi, crontab, shell scripting, process monitoring, Perl)
• Configuration Management systems and code versioning software (e.g. Git, Subversion)
• Database Application programming including Mongo dB (non-relational) or Microsoft SQL (relational)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud computing environment
• Agile Development supported by JIRA
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical specifications.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities How to Apply Send Email
- TO: email@example.com
- SUBJECT: Smart Cities Software Application Developer
- Attach one (1) PDF document that contains:
- Cover letter
- At least 2 Professional References
Job Agencies - please refrain from contacting us regarding this role.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, unfortunately we cannot consider your application at this time.
Applications are reviewed in the order they are received. All applications are appreciated; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level
Software and Programming