Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union Location:
British Columbia (CA-BC), Langley Business Centre Job Type:
Full-Time Pay Grade:
6 Posting End Date: Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life. What's the job?
Working in the retail branches, the Small Business Specialist partners with small businesses with straightforward needs (including self-employed clients) to help them achieve business and personal financial goals and to maximize business opportunities for CCS. This position focuses on providing high quality credit, deposit, and ancillary products/services to the branch small business customer with a "business household" approach (the business, the owner and the employees), and includes pro-actively developing business with this clientele. This position is responsible for identifying referral opportunities for other business units including Coast Capital Investments and Business Services. What you'll get to do:
- Ensure compliance requirements within CCS policies and procedures and external regulatory bodies are met.
- Demonstrate commitment by actively contributing support and participation in new Corporate initiatives.
- Dynamically and visibly work collaboratively within the branch Financial Services team, taking a leadership role in the branch in supporting other roles which interact with small businesses .
- Provide coaching, training and mentorship to peers, encouraging and providing cross-sharing of small business knowledge, on-the-job applications and experience among team members and between teams.
- Pro-actively interview both potential and existing small business customers and self-employed personal customers to determine their personal and business goals and to manage the small business household relationship building process appropriately.
- Handle walk-in small business customer traffic for small business deposit, credit or ancillary inquiries, actively cross-sell ing appropriate banking products to new and existing customers and refers clients to other CCS areas for additional needs.
- Network and engage key internal partners (ex. Wealth Management, Insurance Services, Business Services, etc) in building the business household relationship.
- Promote a customer centric team-based approach to the small business household by participating in joint customer calls and presentations.
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, maintain a high profile among the small businesses in the community which the branch serves and participate in business development activities through active involvement in the business community
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of 4-6 years of direct sales experience in Financial Services with an emphasis on sales and service in a lending/risk management capacity or successful completion of the corporately approved lending program. Experience working with self-employed or small business customers would be an asset.
- High School Diploma plus completion of a Diploma Program (two years of formal education or equivalent). Preference will be given to candidates with formal post-secondary education in the areas of business, commerce, entrepreneurship, finance or marketing. Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course or the Professional Financial Planning course would be an asset.
- Proficient knowledge of banking system
- Intermediate knowledge of applicable word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Solid understanding of all Coast Capital products and services.
- Proficient understanding of personal credit and deposit products and services and some understanding of small business products and services in order to identify opportunities and make quality referrals.
- Working knowledge of the small business sector and its importance to the economy
- Solid understanding of the different legal types of small businesses
- Basic understanding of small business financial statements
- Demonstrated Sales skills
- Ability to effectively build productive customer relationships considering both the personal and small business needs of the customer.
- Well-developed influential/interviewing/small business conversation skills sufficient to build strong relationships with small businesses
- Writing skills sufficient to prepare straightforward sales presentations and proposals.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.