Job Skills / Requirements SCOPE:
Reporting to the Area Security Lead (ASL), the Site Supervisor is responsible for site security operations, the supervision and direction of all officers assigned to the site, including training and site orientation of all new officers. The Site Supervisor will also be responsible for maintaining the daily operation of the site schedule, as well as additional tasks as requested by the ASL.TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the security officers and supervisors assigned to the site and act as a resource for security issues in accordance with PSG, health authority and regulatory requirements. Ensure guidelines and standards for security staff are adhered to.
- Conduct site orientation and training of new officers, ensuring site orientation packages and officer review tests are completed within the allotted training period.
- Monitor and document performance and behavior of officers, providing mentorship and coaching as required.
- Supervise and assist all regular officers with responsibilities delegated to them.
- Draw up and maintain a departmental site and training schedules, ensuring that all shifts are covered. Maintain and update TEAM regularly. Arrange coverage for any open shifts due to last minute book-offs, medical emergencies, etc.
- Conduct investigations and perform appropriate follow-ups when incidents and situations occur as required.
- Ensure all SSIRS reports are completed and each officer submits complete and accurate SSR reports. Follow up with inaccuracies or omissions.
- The Site Supervisor is required to perform site patrols and desk duty as well as responding to all necessary calls. You will also be required to complete SSR's for each shift you work.
- Compile monthly deliverables, documenting site activities for remittance to the client.
- Schedule and conduct regular panic alarm system tests, fire drills and security education sessions without fail. Maintain records and prepare incident reports and other safety and security incident documentation.
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
- Must have a minimum of one-year security experience or a combination of experience and relevant education.
- Must have successfully completed all healthcare security training or be willing to complete this training.
- Must be acting in a supervisory role at present or have acted in this capacity in recent history. The successful candidate will be required to complete PSG Supervisor Training if not already completed.
Skills and Abilities
- Lead, delegate and supervise.
- Plan, organize and problem solve.
- Multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of TrackTik, SSIRS and WinTEAM considered an asset.
- Effective professional communication, both in writing and verbally, including presentation to groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, client service and professionalism in all situations.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Available to work Monday-Friday, 0800-1600hrs
Additional Information / Benefits
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Area Security Lead
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1