Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.Job Skills / Requirements
POSITION TITLE: Site Supervisor - Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Williams Lake)
DEPARTMENT: Paladin Security Group Ltd.
REPORTS TO: Area Security Lead
Reporting to the Area Security Lead, the Site Supervisor at Cariboo Memorial Hospital is responsible for the supervision and direction of all site assigned officers, training and orientation of all new officers, and maintaining and developing the daily security operation of the site. The Site Supervisor will also be responsible for additional tasks as requested by the ASL.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise the Security staff assigned to the site detail and act as a resource for Security issues in accordance with PSG and hospital standards and regulatory requirements. Ensure adherence to guidelines and standards for security staff.
2. Supervise and assist all regular Officers with responsibilities delegated to them.
3. Ensure all reports are completed and each officer submits complete and accurate Site Secure reports. Follow up with inaccuracies or omissions. Review all Site Secure Reports and escalate incidents as required.
4. Compile accurate statistics on a monthly basis as requested.
5. Conduct regular panic alarm system tests, fire extinguisher audits, and lighting audits, maintain records, and prepare incident reports and other safety and security incident documentation.
6. Conduct site orientation and training of new officers, ensuring site orientation packages and officer review tests are completed within the allotted training period. Monitor performance and behavior of officers and document/discipline staff where standards are not being met.
7. Draw up and maintain departmental site and training schedule, ensuring that all shifts are covered and assisting with shift coverage where needed. Ensure all officers meet the training requirements of the site as stated for deployment.
8. The Site Supervisor is required to perform site patrols and desk duty as well as responding to all necessary calls. You will also be required to complete SSR's for each shift you work.
9. Provide after-hours on-call support for site Security Operations, including providing emergency response to the site after-hours.
10. Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
Education and Experience:
Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
A minimum of one year security experience or a combination of experience and relevant experience and education. The successful candidate must also have successfully completed Healthcare Security training or be willing to complete this training.
Must be acting in a Supervisory role at present or have acted in this capacity in recent history. Applicant will be required to complete PSG Supervisor Training if they have not already done so.
Skills and Abilities:
• Lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
• Effectively supervise.
• Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, including delivering presentations to groups.
• Function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
• Demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position. Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GEDCertification Requirements (Any)
Valid BC Security Licence
OFA IAdditional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance
This job reports to the ASL
This is a Full-Time
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Law Enforcement and Security