Job Skills / Requirements OVERVIEW
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference
starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! We offer job stable positions and lots of career advancement opportunities, including free training, security licensing, and promotion from within. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a skilled Security Site Supervisor to organize and oversee all security operations for a General hospital! Become an integral part of the safety and security team and help the property reach its goals and objectives with your leadership, customer service, extensive emergency management experience, and outstanding diplomacy skills.
Reporting to the Area Security Lead (ASL), as a Site Supervisor you will be responsible for site security operations, the supervision and direction of all officers assigned to the site, including training and site orientation of all new officers. You will also be responsible for maintaining the daily operation of the site schedule, as well as additional tasks as requested by the ASL.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Supervise the security officers and supervisors assigned to the site and act as a resource for security issues in accordance with PSG, health authority and regulatory requirements. Ensure guidelines and standards for security staff are adhered to.
- Conduct site orientation and training of new officers, ensuring site orientation packages and officer review tests are completed within the allotted training period.
- Monitor and document performance and behavior of officers, providing mentorship and coaching as required.
- Supervise and assist all regular officers with responsibilities delegated to them.
- Draw up and maintain a departmental site and training schedules, ensuring that all shifts are covered. Maintain and update TEAM regularly. Arrange coverage for any open shifts due to last minute book-offs, medical emergencies, etc.
- Conduct investigations and perform appropriate follow-ups when incidents and situations occur as required.
- Ensure all SSIRS reports are completed, and each officer submits complete and accurate SSR reports. Follow up with inaccuracies or omissions.
- The Site Supervisor is required to perform site patrols and desk duty as well as responding to all necessary calls. You will also be required to complete SSR's for each shift you work.
- Compile monthly deliverables, documenting site activities for remittance to the client.
- Schedule and conduct regular panic alarm system tests, fire drills and security education sessions without fail. Maintain records and prepare incident reports and other safety and security incident documentation.
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
- Must have a minimum of one-year security experience or a combination of experience and relevant education.
- Must have successfully completed all healthcare security training or be willing to complete this training.
- Must be acting in a supervisory role at present or have acted in this capacity in recent history. The successful candidate will be required to complete PSG Supervisor Training if not already completed.
Skills and Abilities
YOU'RE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Lead, delegate and supervise.
- Plan, organize and problem solve.
- Multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of TrackTik, SSIRS and WinTEAM considered an asset.
- Effective professional communication, both in writing and verbally, including presentation to groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, client service and professionalism in all situations.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
PALADIN OFFERS YOU:
- Can remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Possess skills to deal with challenges and communicate effectively at various social levels.
- Can make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Can handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Can adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google products.
- Are flexible and adaptable in dealing with diverse situations and people.
- Have good public speaking and presentation skills in group settings.
- Can delegate and empower effectively
- An active lifestyle: If sitting behind a desk doesn't appeal to you, you'll love the dynamic work environment that security can bring.
- Leading Corporate Culture: Paladin is a Canadian employee or choice because of the amazing people that work here!
- Career advancement: Whether you are gaining experience for law enforcement, looking for meaningful work as a student, or simply exploring a field you are passionate about, Paladin gives you the opportunity to advance your skills!
- Health Benefits & Perks: Full-time employees are eligible for great benefits, and all staff can enjoy exclusive Paladin discounts at your favorite retailers and service providers across Canada!
- And more...
Paladin Security is one of Canada's Best Employers. We have been awarded for our outstanding corporate culture, approach to management and our customer service. Join our winning team today!
We thank all candidates for their time, but only applications which meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
Additional Information / Benefits Benefits: Medical Insurance
Health Care Management and Executive