Salary: $65k - $90k (potentially more based on experience)
Our Builder Client is looking to add a hybrid Site Superintendent and Project Manager to their growing team to look after upcoming Residential renovations and new builds as well as Commercial Tenant Improvements. You will take secured projects from design completion through the on-site construction phase, to final turnover. If this hybrid role sounds intriguing to you, reach out to me today!
This expanding contracting company is redefining the renovation and TI industry with a focus on the Customer. They are bridging the gap between quality construction and excellent customer service. Each project is taken on with a responsibility to the Client, the environment and with pride in the finished product. They want to become the go to construction professional in BC and across Canada. No job is too small or too big; from minor kitchen repairs to entire remodels and laneway suites.
Specific Job Description
The Superintendent (Hybrid) will look after both office and site coordination and delivery duties from the design completion phase through to turnover. You will manage multiple projects, based upon your abilities and project budgets and schedule. You will a ‘jack-of-all-trades mentality to project delivery. Some specific duties are detailed below:
- Self-perform carpentry related tasks while managing specialize trade contractors to maintain the project schedule
- Review all construction practices and products to ensure a spectacular finished product is delivered
- Work within the project budget and foresee construction concerns or chokepoints before they arise
- Ensure project safety policies are followed and all occupied spaces are left is clean condition daily
- Work with Clients and homeowners to identify deficiencies prior to turnover
- Maintaining positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees
- Strong blueprints skills and the ability to visualize plans in 3D
- 5+ years of experience in a Finishing or Site Superintendent role with exposure to Project Manager duties
- Developed carpentry experience (5+ years) and ability to complete renovation and TI carpentry
- Strong customer service background and familiarity dealing with Clients and homeowners
- Ability to manage and motivate a team while pushing productivity
- Focused and detail oriented with excellent problem solving, leadership and communication skills
- Assets: Red Seal in carpentry (or similar), further education in construction (diploma level)
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $65k - $90k (potentially more based on experience)
- Vacation: 2 weeks, and closed around Christmas
- Extended medical, dental, paramedical & MSP Paid
- Car and phone allowance
- Tuition reimbursement
How to Apply
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: [email protected]
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca
to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Mark Fedyshen at 604-689-8687 ext. 248
for more information. Also follow me on twitter (@MarkFedRecruits
) for further job opportunities and construction news.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
Posted: November 26, 2016
Closes:January 25, 2017